Best six positive verbs or action words or action verbs for resume and cover letter that start with C are given below
Under the table you also get meaning, examples, and origin time of these words.
|1. Chase||2. Contribute|
|3. Congratulate||4. Cooperate|
|5. Celebrate||6. Chill|
With meaning, examples and origin time-
1. Chase (Verb) (1250–1300) Pursue in order to catch, come on to, run after, follow, hunt.
The film ends with a long car chase.
There was a long chase before the criminal was caught.
2. Contribute (Verb) (1520–30) Donate, give, provide, help, promote, give rise to.
This new discovery will contribute to all humanity.
The three sons also contribute to the family business.
3. Congratulate (Verb) (1540–50) Praise, honor, compliment, delight in, take pride in.
You can congratulate yourself on having done an excellent job.
I must congratulate you on your excellent exam results.
4. Cooperate (Verb) (1595–1605) Assist, work together, help, contribute, give one’s support.
They cooperate in a peaceable spirit.
We have to cooperate with each other.
5. Celebrate (Verb) (1425–75) Observe, recognize, honor, salute, acknowledge.
I think I’ve got the job. Let’s celebrate.
We always celebrate our wedding anniversary by going out to dinner.
6. Chill (Verb) (before 900) Relax, de-stress, rest, take time out, take one’s leisure.
There’s quite a chill in the air this morning.
Chill out, Dad. The train doesn’t leave for another hour!