Best eight positive verbs or action words or action verbs for resume and cover letter that start with G are given below
Under the table you also get meaning, examples, and origin time of these words.
|1. Grow||2. Generate|
|3. Giggle||4. Greet|
|5. Go||6. Glitter|
|7. Give||8. Glimmer|
With meaning, examples and origin time-
1. Grow (Verb) (before 900) Raise, get bigger, expand, improve, develop.
The boy taught me to grow, those girls taught me how to love.
Money does not grow on tree
2. Generate (Verb) (350–1400) Originate, produce, create, make, promote.
Living cells generate energy from food.
This book will continue to generate excitement for a long time.
3. Giggle (Verb) (1500–10) To laugh in a silly, twitter, chuckle, snigger, chortle.
Both girls began to giggle.
There was a giggle from the back of the class.
4. Greet (Verb) (before 900) Accept, Say hello to, respond to, welcome, receive.
The students charged into the classroom to greet their teacher.
My parents were waiting to greet us at the door.
5. Go (Verb) (before 900) Move, progress, advance, proceed, journey.
Love makes the world go round.
Without respect, love cannot go far.
6. Glitter (Verb) (1300–50) Shine, sparkle, twinkle, flicker, gleam.
Let youth glitter in struggling.
The child was attracted by the glitter of the Christmas tree decorations.
7. Give (Verb) (before 900) Gift with, donate, sacrifice, dedicate, allow.
It is better to give than to receive.
The healthful man can give counsel to the sick.
8. Glimmer (Verb) (1300–50) Shine, glow, twinkle, gleam, sparkle.
He is celebrating his first glimmer of success.
There is still a glimmer of hope.