Best six positive verbs or action words or action verbs for resume and cover letter that start with H are given below
Under the table you also get meaning, examples, and origin time of these words.
|1. Hug||2. Humble|
|3. Harness||4. Have|
|5. Heightened||6. Hallow|
With meaning, examples and origin time-
1. Hug (Verb) (1560–70) Embrace, squeeze, hold someone tight, clasp, cuddle.
A silent hug means a thousand words to the unhappy heart.
She gave her mother an affectionate hug.
Hug your children and lavish them with love.
2. Humble (Verb) (1200–50) Modest, respectful, resistless, plain, simple.
Knowledge makes humble; ignorance makes proud.
Many great men have arisen from humble beginnings.
3. Harness (Verb) (1250–1300) Apply, utilize, make productive, exploit, use.
We can harness the power of the wind to make electricity.
Scientists have known how to harness the limitless power of the sun.
4. Have (Verb) (before 900) Own, be blessed with, consist of, contain, include.
Children have the qualities of their parents.
It is good to have some friends both in heaven and hell.
5. Heightened (Verb) (1515–25) Enhance, increase, intensify, amplify, raise.
The enthusiasm of the audience was heightened by the climax of the play.
Day by day the structure heightened.
6. Hallow (Verb) (before 900) Holy, blessed, honored, divine, revered.
Pop music comes to the hallowed chamber.
She is a lady who is hallowed in the town.